My name’s Tom, and I’m a web developer and technical product manager based in London. My background is in SEO and digital marketing, and I've been working in this industry for over 10 years.
To learn more about my experience and the type of work that interests me, check out my current and past jobs below, or drop me an email .
Alternatively you can peruse my latest blog posts , or read about what I do outside of work .
Oct 2023 – Present
- First SEO hire.
Wise (formerly TransferWise)
Marketing Platform Lead
Oct 2021 – Sept 2023
- Spearheaded creation of new Marketing Platform team. As the PM, responsible for ensuring all of Marketing - including SEO - has access to relevant, accurate performance data.
- Handled MMP switchover from Appsflyer to Singular in the Wise native apps, implementation of customer-facing ATT prompt on iOS, and the migration from client-side analytics tags to a hosted server-side GTM setup on the Wise website.
Senior SEO Specialist
Feb 2020 – Oct 2021
- As the first full-time hire in the Owned Sites team, managed a portfolio of 3 websites operated by the Marketing tribe. Solely responsible for all aspects of their SEO, including hands-on technical work, content production, engineering roadmap, and reporting performance to the wider business. Grew the team with two further hires and a freelance developer.
Head of Analytics
Oct 2018 – Jan 2020
Spearheaded development of digital analytics into a profitable new service offering, initially specialising in the Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Data Studio). Bringing this to market meant wearing many hats, tackling challenges from business development and marketing to hiring and account management.
Specialised in enterprise-level tag management, and in helping organisations move to data-driven marketing as part of their digital transformations. Extensive experience with the ecommerce tracking, the data layer, custom dimensions & metrics, and in working on-site with clients to see projects through from inception to launch.
Head of Product Development (SEO)
Nov 2016 – Sept 2018
- Part of the Leadership Team, reporting directly to the MD. Responsible for building organic search strategy and driving performance for major international clients.
- Headed up the agency’s training offering, leading workshops in Amsterdam, Iceland, Italy, and the UK on all aspects of SEO. Frequent speaker and instructor at conferences including BrightonSEO, Learn Inbound, and SMX. Author for Smashing Magazine, SitePoint, and Moz.
Senior SEO Consultant
Apr 2015 – Oct 2016
Jan 2014 – Mar 2015
Nov 2012 – Dec 2013
Alium Medical Limited
Oct 2011 – Sep 2012
- Led the digital rebuild of company’s paper-based Sourcing Database.